2019 WAS JUST THE BEGINNING… WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE CHEER TO SPREAD!
Due to COVID – 19 we are not able to host our “2020 Christmas Cheer Event” in the same way as we did in 2019. We still want to make this Christmas an incredible and magical experience for local children in need and will be working diligently to provide Christmas Wish Lists for local children in lieu of hosting an on site event. These Christmas wish lists will include items such as winter clothing, coats, shoes, toys, and other necessities! To accomplish our goal this year DRIVE has partnered with Macomb Charitable Foundation. The children enrolled in this program are all living at or below poverty level within Macomb County. We have MANY children to support this year so please click one of the boxes above to help us out!
CHRISTMAS CHEER SPONSORSHIP ESTIMATIONS:
- Wrapping Paper$5
- Hat, Scarf, Gloves$5-$15
- Small Toys$15-$30
- Winter Outfit$20-$30
- Winter Boots$30-$40
- Winter Coat$35-$45
- Large Toys$45-$75
- One Child’s Entire Christmas Wish List$200-$250
• In 2019 DRIVE supported over 100 children for Christmas with meals, gifts, a visit with Santa, and more!
• In 2020 DRIVE will fulfill local children’s “Wish Lists”. In-need parents will provide us with “Wish Lists” from their children. DRIVE will choose a few items from each list that are then purchased and wrapped by volunteers before the event. The gifts are then secretly sent home with parents at the close of our Christmas Cheer Event so that each child has gifts to open on Christmas Morning!
• A full warm holiday meal is provided to each family who attends the Christmas Cheer Event!
• SANTA visits and children can take a photo with him to bring home with them!
• Teddy Bear Creations – Each child can choose to stuff their own teddy bear to bring home with them!
• Contributing to this event will provide local children with magical Christmas memories for years to come!